|Charter on Motoryacht Cocktails Available in Charity Auction|
|Written by Kim Kavin|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 00:00|
The owner of the 157-foot Trinity motoryacht Cocktails is donating a one-week charter to be auctioned for charity at the 25th annual Boys & Girls Club Rendezvous in November.
According to International Yacht Collection, which markets Cocktails for charter, the owner is donating the $185,000 charter for as many as 10 guests in the Bahamas, New England, or another destination to be determined after the winner is announced.
The owner has been involved with the Boys & Girls Club since 2007. The live auction will be part of a three-day event November 8-10 at the Atlantis Resort and Casino in the Bahamas. It is promoted as the world's largest annual gathering of superyachts for charity. Performers are scheduled to include Caliente, The Village People, and Huey Lewis and the News.
The announcement about Cocktails is the second in the past few months from a megayacht owner donating a charter for charity. In April, the owner of the 145-foot Pendennis sailing catamaran Hemisphere donated a one-week charter worth $245,000 for 10 guests for the Christie's Bid to Save the Earth auction. That charter brought in $150,000 for the environmental cause, the largest donation ever recorded in the event's history.
Hemisphere is for charter with Burgess Yachts.
Recent blog posts
- 8 Days for Price of 7 on Mediterranean Yacht Charter
- Charter Yacht Powdermonkey Drops Rates for West Mediterranean
- Brand-New Sailing Catamaran to Charter in Grenadines
- Charter Cancellation Increases Motoryacht's Availability
- Summer Yacht Charter in Sicily, No Delivery Fees
- New Yacht Charter Option in Mexico
- Save 10 Percent on BVI Yacht Charter